an adventure into my cookbook collection: soul-searching, doing things differently & the truths I learn along the way...

deseeding pomegranates is feminine & erotic, unless you hit them with a wooden spoon...

urm..?

Sunday 25 January 2015

Taking a break

Hello world, readers, whoever you are. I haven’t written for a while, but I thought I had better tell you why. I’ve decided to take a break, or sabbatical, from this blog. I haven’t stopped cooking or attempting new recipes; I just think that I have lost a bit of my writing mojo. I started this blog because I wanted to put some of my creativity out there into the wide world, and to see if I could stay committed to something. It has been a few years and I think I have proved that I can do it, I just feel like I have been getting a bit stale, and losing some of my authentic voice. I also have heavy year coming up, I have taken on a lot of new responsibilities and I don’t want to over-commit.

So anyway, here’s to a few months off. My goal is that sooner or later my writing inspiration will kick in like it used to, and the words will just explode out of me. I miss that feeling.

For anyone interested in my foodie adventures over the next few months, you can find me on twitter at @MiriLewis, where I will still be posting about food, and sharing photos of my culinary successes and failures.

Not goodbye, but see you again soon,


Miri xo

No comments:

Post a Comment